Республиканское унитарное предприятие по техническому надзору и классификации судов
- Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 17:00
- st. Chernyakhovsky, 1,
- +375 (16) 565-37-96
"On the construction of river vessels according to new models and where they should go."
This resolution regulated everything that is still commonly regulated by classification agencies in their regulations: navigation areas, maximum permissible dimensions of individual hull components, etc. Since 1800, it had been required that newly built ships be supervised by an Admiralty shipwright during the first year of construction, and that completed ships be inspected by government agencies every six years. The "Rules for the Construction and Classification of River Iron Vessels" with an album of accompanying drawings were published in 1913. Application of these rules made it possible to assign a class to self-propelled river vessels corresponding to their design qualities and technical condition. In 1923, the Russian Register was established, renamed the "USSR Register" in 1924 with the formation of the USSR.
The Register's stringent requirements for the proper maintenance of vessels yielded invaluable results during the Great Patriotic War, ensuring the fleet's technical and mobilization readiness. During the war, employees of the Register's frontline inspection offices actively contributed to the defense of the Motherland. During the repair of accidents and battle damage to ships, ship repair specialists collaborated with the Register's inspectors to find effective repair methods and ensure the return of these vessels to service.
In the post-war years, intensive construction of the river fleet, including major repairs and refurbishment of vessels, began. From the first days of peaceful construction, the River Register actively participated in the fight for the post-war restoration of the fleet. Inspectorate work methods were restructured, and inspectors' contacts with shipowners and ship repair facilities were strengthened.
In connection with the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the USSR of June 27, 1957 No. 910 "On the transfer of the Directorate for the implementation of the functions of the River Register and its river inspectorates from the Register of the USSR of the Ministry of the Navy to the jurisdiction of the river fleet bodies of the Union Republics", the following were organized: the River Register of the RSFSR, the Dnieper Inspectorate of the Register of the Ukrainian SSR, the River Register of the BSSR, the Kazakh Inspectorate of the River Register, the Lithuanian Inspectorate of the River Register, and the Latvian Inspectorate of the River Register.
By Resolution No. 586 of the Council of Ministers of the Byelorussian SSR dated September 16, 1957, the River Register of the BSSR was established. The Belarusian Inspectorate of the River Register was established by Order No. 199 of the Main Directorate of River Fleet under the Council of Ministers of the Byelorussian SSR dated December 12, 1975, and was the legal successor to the River Register of the BSSR. In 2000, the name was changed to the Republican Unitary Enterprise "Belarusian Inspectorate of the River Register", and in 2015 the name was changed to the Republican Unitary Enterprise for Technical Supervision and Classification of Vessels "Belarusian Inspectorate of the Register" (state enterprise "Belarusian Inspectorate of the Register").